COVID-19 NEW POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
As of Tuesday July 21st, Kokoro Massage will be open again! Thank you so much for your patience. I hope you have all stayed well. As always, I am dedicated to providing you with the most effective and safest bodywork treatment I am able. I look forward to giving you a moment’s peace during such a stressful time.
In regards to COVID-19, massage therapy is a medium risk setting. Because of that, I am strictly following guidelines set by the Center for Disease Control, Washington State Department of Health, and Washington State Massage Therapy Association so as to keep everyone that comes through my treatment room as safe as possible.
The following policies and procedures MUST be followed to receive treatment at Kokoro Massage. If you are unable to meet these requirements, I completely understand and support your decision to return to bodywork when you feel safe and comfortable.
If you are especially vulnerable to COVID-19, I highly recommend waiting until infection rates are lower to schedule your appointment.
Please read the new COVID-19 policies and procedures below before booking your appointment.
*** I am using a new online scheduling, intake, and follow-up system called intakeQ. intakeQ is safe, secure, and HIPPA-compliant. All clients will have to submit an updated health form online through a link provided when their appointment is scheduled. In addition, you will have to submit two forms before each session (a COVID-19 release form and a session goals form) and one form after each session (a follow-up form). I know it's a whirlwind of online forms, but this not only reduces the spread of COVID-19, but also streamlines appointments and gives you more time on the table. You must complete the required forms before your appointment. ***
The CLIENT will:
If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, please contact your primary care provider for assistance. Symptoms include fever, chills, cough, sore throat, congestion, runny nose, wheeze, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fatigue, discoloration of the fingers or toes new loss of taste or smell, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, etc.
- Wear their own mask or a mask that is provided during their whole treatment. If they are unable to do this, they will wait to schedule an appointment until they can or until a mask is not necessarily recommended. We can play with different positions like side-lying that can help with breathability, but for my safety and the safety of others I must require you to wear a mask when you enter my room and receive treatment.
- Check their temperature before coming to receive treatment. If the client’s temperature is 100 or higher – or they have any other cold/flu/covid symptoms, they will reschedule (and not incur a fee). The practitioner will also be checking temperatures at the office. Be aware that symptoms of COVID may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
- Not come in if they have been in contact with another person who has cold/flu/covid symptoms.
- Wait in their car and text 360-306-0191 when they have arrived. The practitioner will contact the client when they are able to come up to the office. Practice 6 feet of social distancing in and around the building.
- Only bring the necessities to the appointment (phone, wallet, keys, mask, etc.). Try and leave big coats and purses at home or in the car.
- Wash their hands before entering the room. Hand sanitizer will also be available for the client to use at all times.
- Understand that water will not be offered. Water should be kept in the client’s car for before and after treatment.
- Understand that there will be no handshakes or hugs and that we should keep chit-chat to a minimum so as to reduce the chances of spreading COVID-19. The client will do their best to complete the online intake forms to the best of their abilities to streamline appointments and minimize talking which, again, can spread coronavirus.
- Schedule, intake, and pay online if possible.
- Sign an agreement that states Kokoro Massage and Lindsey Frazier, LMT cannot be held liable for any exposure to the virus or any other contagion. I do my very best to keep you safe, but I only have so much control.
Outside of the PPE, most of the following procedures are ones that I have been following since Day 1 of my practice. Still, some things are different. To give you a detailed look at what to expect from my practice in regard to COVID-19, please read the following.
The PRACTITIONER will:
- Move as much of the intake, follow-up, and payment processes online to reduce unnecessary touching outside of the bodywork therapy.
- Never work on a client if they have even the slightest symptoms of cold/flu/COVID-19.
- Operate on a limited schedule to best protect the practitioner and clients and allow ample time for room turn-around, disinfecting, and airing out.
- Wear a mask, face shield, and apron at all times that are changed and disinfected between each client. I will not be wearing gloves (it is not required so long as we follow COVID hand-washing protocol before and after treatment), but I will wear gloves at your request.
- Thoroughly wash their hands before, after, and sometimes during a treatment.
- Change all linens between each client.
- Disinfect all surfaces in the treatment room between each client, including the doorknobs. Be aware I do not clean the bathroom as that is handled by a janitorial staff.
- Keep the HEPA air filter running at all times and keep it thoroughly clean.
- Not be offering eucalyptus oil (but you can bring your own to dab some under your nose or around your mask to help with congestion).
- Ask for permission and use hand sanitizer before working on the face and head.
As always, thank you for your patience and understanding as I work out this new way of doing things.
CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFO
By appointment only. Please schedule online, or call/text.
1140 10th Street, Suite #214
Bellingham, Washington 98225
- Map & Directions -
Hours of Operation:
Tuesdays & Wednesdays
Thursdays & Fridays
Kokoro Massage website designed by
Lindsey Frazier © 2019. All Rights Reserved.